Plastic near Chip Scale Package with a leadframe substrate
鼎博体育’s MicroLeadFrame® (MLF®|MLP|LFCSP|VQFN|SON|DFN|QFN – Quad Flat No-Lead package) is a near Chip Scale Package (CSP), plastic encapsulated with a copper leadframe substrate. This package uses perimeter lands on the bottom of the package to provide electrical contact to the Printed Wiring Board (PWB).
The MicroLeadFrame package also offers 鼎博体育’s ExposedPad technology as a thermal enhancement. Having the die-attach paddle exposed on the bottom of the package surface provides an efficient heat path when soldered directly to the PWB. This enhancement also enables stable ground using down bonds or by electrical connection through a conductive die attach material.
The small size and weight along with excellent thermal and electrical performance make the MicroLeadFrame package an ideal choice for handheld portable applications such as smartphones and tablets or any other application where size, weight and package performance are required.
- Small size (reduce footprint by 50% or more and improved RF performance) and weight
- Standard leadframe process flow and equipment
- Excellent thermal and electrical performance
- 0.35 mm to 1.45 mm maximum height
- I/O count range: 1-180 available with conventional MLF; >200 possible with rtMLF
- 1–13 mm body size
- Thin profile and superior die to body size ratio
- Flexible designs and high yields
- Saw and punch versions available
- Chip-on-Lead (COL)
- Single row (up to 108 I/O)
- Dual row (up to 180 I/O)
- Multi-chip package (MCP)
- Non-exposed pad
- Punch & saw MicroLeadFrame available for both single and dual configurations
- Small MLF (Less than 2 x 2 body size)
- Stacked die
- Thin MicroLeadFrame
- Flip Chip MLF (fcMLF)
- Routable MLF (rtMLF)
- Wettable flanks (PEL)
- Non-magnetic leadframes for sensors
- Split pad designs for increased flexibility and I/O count
- Edge ProtectionTM technology
Contact an 鼎博体育 expert by clicking the request info button below.